Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Some devotionals I've written while here in lieu of thoughts about the experience, to come later

I swear I'm actually going to get to writing about the experience of the internship itself at some point, but for now I'm going to content myself with these. Hope you enjoy...I'm doing these weekly this summer, and have written these two thus far. First one:

Jeremiah 18:4-6—The vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter’s hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as seemed good to him. Then the word of the Lord came to me: Can I not do with you, O house of Israel, just as this potter has done? says the Lord. Just like the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.

Our lives are ever being shaped. Although dramatic turning points and momentous decisions are generally the things of movies, change is possible through means both gradual and quickly. “I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me,” says Paul, and indeed the potential for living a Christ-like life abides in each of us. The beauty of the Christian faith is that we are never out of the reach of God. No matter how much we may seemingly try at times, we can never remove ourselves completely from God’s love. No matter how misshapen our lives may appear in the human scheme of things, the artistic hands of God can bring out the beauty in each of our lives. It is the great truth of Christianity that we are loved, perfectly and unconditionally, which leads to our great hope that we may ever strive towards Christian perfection in love. As you go forth into the day, remember that God does not hold our imperfections against us, that we may live each moment anew, and that we always have the opportunity to live a more Christian life.

No comments:

Post a Comment