Friday, June 19, 2009

So, as the girl pointed out, I'm about, oh, a half decade late (if not more) in picking up on this blogging thing. Ah, well. Better late than never. I suppose this should be a sort of "about the blog" kind of thing, given that it's the first post and you have no idea what you're going to be reading (you will be reading, right? Please?). Here's the deal, in bullet point format:
  • The name: well, quite simply, I used to be a keeper. Literally. I played high school soccer. Not as dramatic or depressing as it might suggest.
  • On that note, I do hereby solemnly vow not to be depressing or "emo," as the kids say. My goal is to be, shall we say, interesting. If I have pity-poor-me things to write, they will go in a personal journal, kept safe from the world (though mainly vice versa).
  • So what will I write? Thoughts. I will write things I think. Those things I think may concern, but are not limited to: Music (I have--not to go all hipster on you--rather eclectic tastes. I may share some of that with you occasionally. But you have to go out and get the music yourself, I won't post it here. Mainly because I'm not sure how to, but also sort of because I'm not an enabler. Freeloaders), sports (it might be the understatement of the year to say I kind of enjoy basketball. A little), fiction I write (God help you all if I get around to posting that. And on that note--), God (I grew up in the church, have remained a part of it all of my life, but I'm as prone as anyone to the occasional crisis of faith), and the catch-all, life-in-general-family-friends sort of things.
That's about as far as I've gotten, my focus may broaden or narrow over time, and may even disappear. It's been known to happen (seven majors--what?). So...yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment